Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Catherine's Fight with a Boot

Yesterday, my normally sweet and quiet daughter had a fight with Lincoln's rain boot.... and lost. I was laughing so hard, I felt like Santa Claus with my belly shaking. The baby (name may be Grayson) was probably getting rattled.

First, imagine a black rain boot for a 4 year old. Next, imagine a 19 month old in a 12 month old body trying to put the boot on her foot while standing. Please note the boot is almost as long as Catherine's leg. Everytime "Little Bit" tried to put the boot on, it would fall over. After several tries, she started screaming and crying at this boot. She picked it up, squeezed it, and then bit it. Then she set the boot down to try again (she's persistant). Well, the boot kept falling over. So, she screamed and cried at it again. Only this time, during her fit, she decided to lay down on it as if to cause it pain, or maybe, to squish it flat.
I so wished I had had some sort of camera to capture the moment.

I am learning more and more about this sweet daughter of mine. She is going to be a determined little thing, and if she doesn't get what she wants, she WILL let you know about it and she will drag it out... which is lovely- ha ha. Brad's family jokes that she has "that Muse temper". I don't know what they are talking about! :)
*************
Anyway, I have included pictures of us at our Christmas parade. Lincoln just loves life and it can be seen in his picture. His excitement is contagious! Catherine was dancing in her picture. She didn't stop bouncing up and down. She had all of us laughing. I told Brad we needed to get her out more often. It was fun to watch her! I keep thinking Catherine is going to be a little bit quieter and more to herself than Lincoln (which it wouldn't take much), but she was waving "Hi" and "Bye" to more people than she ever has. She usually stares at people. In our family picture, the emergency vehicles were passing... so it's obvious why the kids are looking away.





1 comment:

Candice said...

Great story and great pictures! The picture of Lincoln makes me smile. You can feel his excitement!