Graduation, Camping, and Surgery- all in 7 days!
On Tuesday, May 13, Lincoln graduated from his Mother's Day Out. It was an enjoyable program with many cute songs and skits.
On Tuesday, May 13, Lincoln graduated from his Mother's Day Out. It was an enjoyable program with many cute songs and skits.

Below, you will see Lincoln's shiny medallion. His Mother's Day Out has a program that gives the students an option of memorizing bible verses and other things (NT, OT, Apostles, etc). Lincoln worked with Brad to memorize all of them and LOVED doing it. In his class of 22 children, 6 accomplished this challenge. We are glad that he enjoyed doing it.
In fact, Lincoln has already been asking what his memory work would be when he went to Kindergarten. He was disappointed when I told him he wouldn't have a "bible" class in Kindergarten but he would learn all sorts of new things (that can be frightening!!).The Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, Brad, Lincoln, Catherine and I went camping in Big South Fork. It was a beautiful weekend, and we enjoyed our time outdoors immensely. I am looking forward to going again.
Coleman didn't go camping this time, but here he is in our home-made firepit at home.

The slept so good- until 7:30 am!!
Lincoln enjoyed playing in the river, and thought his shells were pretty cool.
My poor, sweet Catherine. I left her water shoes at home!!
The cicadas were alive and singin' at Big South Fork. The kids were facinated with them. Lincoln didn't like to touch his, but didn't mind if it stayed on his shirt. Catherine called her's "my cada".

Tuesday, May 20, Lincoln had double hernia surgery. He was born with them, and they are apparently somewhat common with little boys. I was somewhat worried about Lincoln and how he would do before the surgery and recovery wise, but that was all unneccessary. We arrived at the hospital at 6 am. He didn't go to surgery until 7:30am. That gave us plenty of time to get accustomed to the environment, sounds, people, nurses... you name it. Lincoln hardly hesitated when they took his hand to walk to the surgery room. He started to say "I want you to come with me", but I told him that Catherine walked down to her surgery (tubes) by herself with the nurses. That was enough for him, he went with them just fine. They did let him take his little puppy. Because he was fine going, I was fine with him going. Had he cried, I would have cried too. It is just a different experience.Below: This is Lincoln when they brought him to his "room" for the day (we were discharged at 4 pm). He had already "woken up" from the anethesia in the recovery room where he apparently did all sorts of tricks that he doesn't remember (so said the nurse). You will see his little puppy under his arm- the nurses put a mask, hat, and wrapped its little arm just like Lincoln's had been.
Lincoln popped up after a couple of hours and said "Can I color?" The nurse brought us all sorts of fun stuff plus Jell-O and a popsicle.
Face to face with "Brownie".
Me and my "baby" :)
Lincoln was so brave and hardly complained (just the car ride home made him nauseus). The hardest part is NOW. No running, jumping, climbing, swimming, kicking, biking, twisting, etc for about a month. Lincoln was excited, however, to get showered with gifts from friends and family. He was beginning to expect things. One day he awoke from his nap and said, "Mommy, did anybody bring me anything while I was sleeping?" He did say too that he wished Catherine had had the surgery because he just wanted to "run and climb trees".A funny exchange today:
Lincoln- "Daddy, what are we going to do tonight?"
Brad- "Whatever you want. Maybe we can play baseball."
Lincoln- "Daaaaddeee, I can't play baseball, remember? How 'bout we go to the playground?"
Brad- "Lincoln, you can't really play on the playground."
Lincoln- "Oh yeah. Well what are we going to do then?" Brad pauses.
I said "Well, we can squirt you with the hose."
Lincoln "Woo hoo!"
2 comments:
I didn't know Lincoln was having surgery! I'm glad everything went well. He is brave (and so is his mommy!)
It is sweet to see the contrast in the pictures. Lincoln looks so big in the MDO pictures with his cap and gown on,and then he looks so young and dependent in the hospital pictures. So thankful everything went well.
Post a Comment