Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lincoln

As I was folding socks, I was thinking about an incident that happened involving Lincoln.

A couple Wednesday nights ago, Lincoln was playing football in the gym with some of the boys. One kid, with anger all over his face, shoved Lincoln to the ground so hard that his glasses went flying across the floor. I immediately start to walk towards Lincoln to 1. to say something to the kid and 2. to check on his glasses, but I didn't get very far.

Lincoln hopped off the ground, grabbed his glasses, stood in the kid's face and yelled "Personal foul, 15 yard penalty" and he began to walk off the yards. Lincoln was unfazed by the kids anger and even used it to his advantage.

I hope that this is insight into Lincoln's approach to life. I hope that he is always able to hop up when life shoves him down. I hope that he can keep emotions out and remain focused in the game. And I hope that he always has a relationship with God because I know that there will be times that getting up won't be so easy.

No comments: