Thursday, September 13, 2007

September is full of fun. Lincoln's birthday is on the 4th and Brad's is on the 5th. It usually means Labor Day weekend is full of family, fun, and birthday cake. A perfect way to spend a long weekend!

Soccer Season began. I made them pose in the driveway before they left for the first game. Lincoln is in a new league, and loves it. A few more rules to learn but that's how it goes! I think Lincoln is catching on to some of it faster than Brad. :)




Lincoln had a special party for his 5th birthday at a local bounce zone. He barely slowed down for this picture.
We are singing Happy Birthday to Lincoln. I love the face he makes when everyone sings. He is thrilled but somewhat embarrassed. It is cute.
Whenever anyone asked Lincoln what he wanted for his birthday, he would say "A train that DOES NOT go all by itself." So that is what Brad and I got. He and Catherine have played and played with it. Actually, Catherine usually knocks parts of it down. Sometimes on accident and sometimes on purpose. Fun times!



This past weekend we went on a 2 night mini-vacation to Chattanooga. Coleman stayed home with Brad's parents (which was the earliest I have ever left a child). He was fine with a bottle, but glad I was back. Or should I say, I was glad I was back. :)
These pictures are from the Discovery Museum in Chattanooga. The water and dinosaur areas were the favorites.



















These pictures are from the little zoo in Chattanooga. Lincoln is clutching Brad's leg in the petting portion of the zoo. There was a dog. :)




































This is naptime at the hotel. Lincoln was "keeping his head on the pillow." Catherine.... well, wasn't quite ready to be still. It was so funny... for a few minutes anyway. I turned Catherine parallel to the headboard. Then I turned Lincoln sideways, so he had the bottom 2/3 of the bed. I put a big pillow between them and tah dah, sleep came.
The kids loved the hotel, the "escavator" and the elevator. It brought back memories of times growing up when my family stayed in hotels. I remember Amy and I giggling as we "slept" on the floor in sleeping bags- Jeff and Greg always got the other bed next to my parents. I distinctively remember mom or dad saying "Girls, be still. ... Girls, be quiet." Maybe I remember that so well because I heard those two comments a bunch growing up. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Laura! My kids LOVE the Discovery Museum. It is one of their favorite places. Happy belated birthday to your boys!