Our trip to Washington D.C.
Brad ran his first marathon 2 weeks ago in our nation's capital. We flew north on Friday, with our friends Chris and Alison, and came home on Monday. My parents kept the kids, so we had a nice, needed vacation. As you scroll down, you will see that we visited some of our favorite attractions. We also visited the Lincoln memorial but I didn't include Mr. Lincoln's picture.
Brad ran his first marathon 2 weeks ago in our nation's capital. We flew north on Friday, with our friends Chris and Alison, and came home on Monday. My parents kept the kids, so we had a nice, needed vacation. As you scroll down, you will see that we visited some of our favorite attractions. We also visited the Lincoln memorial but I didn't include Mr. Lincoln's picture.

Yes, this is Mr. John McCain. We saw him at the DC airport on our way out. Even though we aren't HUGE McCain fans presidential wise, he is a good guy. Couldn't pass up the opportunity. I actually shied out (can you believe it?) and was watching our stuff?

This (above) is the WWII memorial.
I was SO very proud of Brad. This was his first running experience except for sprints in basketball. Brad and Chris have been training since January. It was an awesome experience for him. He hasn't been running since, but I did hear him say that he and Chris were eyeing the Music City Marathon in the spring. Woo hoo! It is fun traveling along! :)There was something funny that shows that I am in mommy land 24/7- I was awakened in the middle of the night by a thud above us at the hotel. In that second, I had thrown off the covers, and had a foot out of bed before I really awoke and realized that what I heard WAS NOT Lincoln or Catherine falling out of bed. I was in a hotel, the kids were in Tullahoma. So, I crawled back in the covers and went back to sleep. Brad and I got a laugh out of it the next morning.
2 comments:
I'm so thrilled that the two of you were able to get away--also very proud of Brad. I love the picture of the two of you. Mrs. Bond
Great job Brad! That is wonderful! I do exercise, but I detest running. I really admire you for sticking with it!
By the way, did you know you went to church with Fred Thompson's mom when you were at Brentwood? Now you have a connection with two presidential hopefuls!
Post a Comment