Monday, February 02, 2009

A White Surprise


After hearing the "not much snow" forecast on the news last night, I was happily surprised this morning when Brad said "Laura, there is an inch of snow on the ground. There won't be school." I pulled the covers up a little tighter and snuggled down deeper into bed until I was forced to wake up .


At 7:30 am I woke up and looked out the window. The snow had already melted and there WAS SCHOOL!! In a mental panic I started listing what and how much I thought I could do in the 17 minutes I had before we absolutely had to leave. Coleman and Catherine were both still in bed, but they could be stuck in the car "as is". Lincoln could dress himself and brush his teeth while I made his breakfast and changed my clothes. His backpack was ready- it was doable as long as there were no unexpecteds from Catherine or Coleman.


The phone rang and I woke up. Relief! My friend was calling to tell me that after calling a 2 hour delay, our school system had decided to cancel schools. I was so glad (I love Lincoln being home). After a little breakfast we all bundled up and went out into our white surprise. It made me glad to live in the Upper Cumberland. See our pics below.


Our poor snowman had carrot chip eyes and a celery nose. Whatever works!!

The sledding didn't work as well today but they had fun trying.

A bundled Coleman

A sweet Catherine

A silly Lincoln

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you were able to enjoy the day. I also love it when both my kids are home. I just like having everyone here!