Friday, July 24, 2009

Tullahoma Girls Weekend

Last weekend I met Susie Hardaway Smith, Evelyn Allen Derriso, Heather Hopwood Renninger, and Kathy Waterman Powell in Birmingham, AL at the Ross Bridge Resort. One of the four, not me, thought of the idea to get away from the fams and just enjoy the company of each other. In past years, we tried to meet in Ttown, with kids. Meaningful conversation was difficult and time was limited. So this weekend was perfect. We treated ourselves to massages or pedicures and caught up. We really missed our friends Gretchen, in Africa, and Pauline, who was directing(?) a play. Hopefully next year, we will all be able to meet too. I can't help think of the song some of us sang together as Girl Scouts "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other's gold." I thank God for these girls!

No comments: