Thursday, September 04, 2008

Happy 6th Birthday Lincoln!!

6 years ago today, we went to the hospital to be induced. Lincoln was 6 days past his due date and showed no signs of coming on his own. At 11:09 pm on September 4, 2002, Lincoln Ronald Brown came into this world weighing a big 5 lb 8 ounces.
There is no way to know, until you have one, just how much a little baby like this can change your life. There is no way to understand just how much love one can feel for another little human being until that baby is here. We thank God daily for our children. They are gifts that God entrusts us with to love, teach, and inspire.

And here is my very first "baby" as a 6 year old this morning. After eating his 6-shaped pancake, he said "I don't feel any different..." I am not sure if he was glad or sad about that. What a special day this is, and I have to stop and praise God for this wonderful little boy He created. :)

1 comment:

Candice said...

He was so tiny!

Happy birthday sweet Lincoln!