Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and A Baskin Robbins story

Tonight Lincoln and Catherine were singing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer in the car. Lincoln sang first "...he'll go down history- Like Abraham LINCOLN!!"

Now, Brad and I taught Lincoln to sing that Rudolph would go down in history like George Washington when he was young. But as Lincoln learned that he was named after another president, he switched names just so he could sing mainly the "Lincoln" part. Well, sweet Catherine, not understanding the whole president thing sang her version. Instead, she sang "...he'll go down in history- Like Abraham CATHERINE!!" :)

A not so funny Catherine moment happened a little later when we went to BaskinRobbins with some friends and their kids. Taking inventory of the kids we turn to check on the girls and there was Catherine standing in the cake display case (door cracked) LICKING the class door from the INSIDE. Yes, licking it. I immediately covered my mouth to cover my laugh b/c while it was SO WRONG it was funny. It really, really surprised me to see her doing that. What in the world was the child thinking?!! It wasn't like there was frosting there (or if there was it was gone- lol).... it was the clear door!! That incident was spank worthy, but I didn't spank her (she sat in time-out). I was in part shock, part embarassment, and part humor. I may have erred on the side of lax discipline, but should it happen again I will act differently.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

i love the funny stories! miss you guys.