From my bed at 6:30 am this morning, I hear this sweet exchange.
Background: Lincoln is sitting at the bottom of the stairs, and at our bedroom door, playing with his Hot Wheels Track. Catherine is watching TV in the den directly behind Lincoln. Coleman is upstairs in his bed talking and singing (he actually has nothing to do with the story but I didn't want to leave him out.)
Lincoln excitedly "Catherine, come watch this!"
I hear Catherine's footsteps. A toy clicks then nothing happened.
Lincoln "Oh, wait, that wasn't it. Catherine watch!"
A toy clicks.... nothing.
Lincoln frustrated says"Oh, wait, that wasn't it! Watch!"
A toy clicks, a car zooms, crashes and another toy says something.
Catherine so encouragingly "grEAT job, Lincoln!!!!" just like it was the very first time he tried it.
For me, the sweetness was in the way Catherine was so patient with Lincoln and the toy. Then she followed up with just a few words, but she put all the encouragement she could muster into those 3 words. It made my heart swell, I guess, with pride. It just made me happy. What a great way to wake up!
No comments:
Post a Comment